Ladies of the White Cross Hospital Guild pictured here included Madeline Wing (top row, 4th from left) and Helen Robinson (bottom row, second from left), both from Worthington. Madeline E. Wing (b. 1885, d. 1941) was married to George W. Wing. They moved to Worthington from Dublin, Ohio in 1912. Helen B. Robinson (b. 1883, d. 1980) was formerly the principal of Worthington High School and had taught in the Worthington school system for 25 years.
The White Cross Hospital was located in Columbus, Ohio at 700 Park St. It was first opened as the Protestant Hospital in 1892, and was later renamed and dedicated as the White Cross Hospital Emergency Room in 1926. Riverside Hospital replaced the White Cross Hospital when it closed in 1961.