Full view (jpeg: 71.45 KB)
Eclectic Medical College Commemoration from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Eclectic Medical College Commemoration. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created on Thursday, June 25, 1953.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
Miss Bernice A. Warner, Worthington Public Library Board President, is pictured accepting a tablet from Dr. R. B. Taylor. The National Eclectic Medical Association presented the tablet to the Worthington Public Library in commemoration of the founding of the first Eclectic Medical College in the mid-west on the site where the James Kilbourne Memorial Library Building stands (752 High Street). The inscription on the tablet was written by local author and historian, Frank Corbin, who served on the board of the Worthington Public Library for 22 years. The inscription reads: "Near this site was established in December 1830 as part of the Worthington College the first Eclectic Medical College in the middle west. This tablet commemorates the faculty and students of this college, who by reason of their endeavors, were able to alleviate, in some measure, the suffering of humanity. Dedicated June 25, 1953 by the National Eclectic Medical Association."
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 93-G-251. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0790.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 93-G-251.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0790.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 3, 2002. It was last updated November 14, 2017.