Flint Carry-Out


Full view (jpeg: 58.19 KB)

In Copyright

Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.

Flint Carry-Out is a picture, with genre photograph.

It was created in 1997.

Sharon Flint Residents' Association Historical Committee is the Contributor.

The Flint Carry-Out was originally a grocery and dry goods store. The Johnson brothers, developers of Flint, built the store between 1868 and 1872. The town was built to provide a stop along the new railroad line. When Harvey Johnson was appointed postmaster in 1872, the post office was located in the store. The Crowner family bought the original store in the early 1900s. It then became Crowner's General Store. The store was operated by the Crowner family until the early 1970s when it was sold to the present owners who converted it to a Carry-Out store. A bar was operated on the second floor.

It covers the topics buildings, business and postal service.

It covers the city Columbus. It covers the area Flint.

You can find the original at Sharon Flint Residents' Association Historical Committee.

This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.

The Worthington Memory identification code is sfr0007.

This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on September 27, 2002. It was last updated November 16, 2017.