Full view (jpeg: 94.56 KB)
Formerly 695 Hartford Street from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Formerly 695 Hartford Street. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1910.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The house shown in this photograph stood at 695 Hartford Street. It was used as a as a rectory for St. John's Episcopal Church, replacing the rectory that was moved from the Village Green in 1926 when the new Parish Hall was built. The building was donated by the Gilbert family to the church in 1931. A plaque on the building read "This house given to St. John's Episcopal Church in memory of Anne Eliza Butcher and Gertrude Gilbert Easter 1931". Anne and Gertrude were sisters. The Gilbert family was active in the church for many years. They owned a dairy farm on the site of the current United Methodist Childrens Home and lived in the Hartford Street house.
The building was torn down and replaced by a modern structure in the late 1950's.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-136. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0270.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-136.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0270.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on February 25, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.