Full view (jpeg: 80.24 KB)
Griswold Inn from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Griswold Inn. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1910.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The Griswold Inn ca. 1910 is shown in this picture. The inn, extant until 1964, was built in 1811 on the north-east Village Green by Worthington pioneer Ezra Griswold. Its location near the intersection of Granville Road (Rt. 161) and High Street (Rt. 23) made it a popular stopping place for travelers. The Inn featured a fireplace in every room and a large second floor ballroom that was eventually converted to bedrooms when the Inn reverted to a family residence. The building was razed in 1964 despite community efforts to save it.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-135 (t). The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0008.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-135 (t).
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0008.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on November 12, 2001. It was last updated November 17, 2017.