Harding Sanitarium


Full view (jpeg: 96.97 KB)

In Copyright

Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.

Harding Sanitarium is a picture, with genre photograph. Its dimensions are 8 in. x 10 in..

It was created in 1940.

Harding Hospital Museum is the Contributor. Gordon Kuster is the Creator.

Dr. Harrison Evans, Dr. George T. Harding III, and Dr. Charles Harding are pictured at the entrance to the Harding Sanitarium on Granville Road (State Route 161). The hospital was founded by George T. Harding II in 1916 as the Columbus Rural Rest Home. Orginally located in Columbus, the hospital moved to the fifty-acre Worthington campus in 1919. The name of the hospital changed to the Harding Sanitarium in the 1930s and subsequently Harding Hospital. In 1995 Harding Hospital was integrated into the Ohio State University Medical Center. Six generations of medical doctors in the Harding family made significant contributions to the understanding and treatment of mental illness.

It covers the topic doctors and medicine.

It features the organization Harding Hospital.

It covers the city Worthington.

You can find the original at Harding Hospital Museum.

This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.

The Worthington Memory identification code is hhm0001.

This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 14, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.