Full view (jpeg: 92.3 KB)
High Street from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of High Street. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created around 1895-1897.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
A view of the northwest quadrant of the Village Green shows the trees for which Worthington was famous. The tracks for the Clintonville-Worthington streetcars are in the foreground.
In the background, the 1829 Presbyterian Church is visible on the right. The center building is called the Ray-Lewis House, built in 1827 for Dr. Kinglsey Ray and his wife Mary, who moved to Ohio from New York in 1823. The village postoffice was located here from 1869-1870, with postmistress Martha Sanderson.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 98-G-542. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0059.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 98-G-542.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0059.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 12, 2001. It was last updated November 17, 2017.