Full view (jpeg: 80.69 KB)
New England Masonic Lodge from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of New England Masonic Lodge. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
This view of the Masonic Lodge building, located at 634 High Street in Worthington depicts the lodge ca. 1900. The rear shed was for horses and buggies. The Freemasons were part of the social structure on the Ohio frontier, with six lodges by 1808. The Worthington Lodge had 35 members in 1814, among them William Robe, Joel Buttles, Chester Pinney, James Kilbourne, Lincoln Goodale, and Isaac Griswold.
The building shown was built on land owned by John Snow. During the Anti-Masonic movement, members met in a ravine near Chaseland, just south of Worthington. An adoining Grand Lodge office was built in 1955-1956. The Federal style lodge is now a Masonic museum.
It features the person Dr. Lincoln Goodale, 1782-1868.
It features the organization Grand Lodge of Ohio F & AM.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 55-L-118. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0084.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 55-L-118.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0084.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 4, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.