Full view (jpeg: 102.97 KB)
Orange Johnson House from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Orange Johnson House. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1905.
Front north view of the Orange Johnson House, with streetcar tracks on High Street visible. The Orange Johnson House was built in 1811 and expanded in 1819. The rear portion of the house was built in 1811 in simple pioneer style. The front portion, built in 1819, is a good example of Federal style architecture. The entryway features an elliptical fanlight over the door.
The building was slated for destruction in the 1960's but was saved by the concerted efforts of Worthington Historical Society. It is now a museum. The original working fireplace is used for open hearth cooking demonstrations.
It covers the topic buildings.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on November 12, 2001. It was last updated June 6, 2020.