Full view (jpeg: 88.4 KB)
Orange Johnson House from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Orange Johnson House. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1905.
Front south view of the Orange Johnson House, built in 1811 and expanded in 1819. Now a museum belonging to the Worthington Historical Society, it was built by Orange Johnson, local entrepreneur. The front portion, built in 1819, is an example of Federal style architecture. The elliptical fan light over the door leads into a series of spacious rooms. The back portion of the house is a simple 1811 pioneer structure with a keeping room and working fireplace. The kitchen is used for demonstrations of open hearth cooking.
Electricity came to Worthington in 1894 with the building of the Worthington - Westerville streetcar. The power station was located at Flint.
It covers the topic buildings.
It features the organization Orange Johnson House.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 00G-226-A. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0013.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 00G-226-A.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0013.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on November 13, 2001. It was last updated June 6, 2020.