Photograph of the Wilson School


Full view (jpeg: 79.64 KB)

In Copyright – Rights-holder(s) Unlocatable or Unidentifiable

Photograph of the Wilson School from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Photograph of the Wilson School. Contact WHS at to request permission.

Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.

Photograph of the Wilson School is a picture, with genre photograph and historic buildings. Its dimensions are 3.5 in. x 5 in..

It was created in 1993.

Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.

This building, pictured around 1993, is located at 7447 Olentangy River Road. It was constructed in 1887 as a one-room school; the only one-room school house built in Sharon Township on the west side of the Olentangy River. It gets its name from the Wilson family, who operated a sawmill on the river. The Sharon Township Board of Education purchased land for this school from Hershel and Jennie Andrus. The building is Italianate in style with decorative brickwork on the gable and arched windows. By 1921-22 the school was no longer in use. After being auctioned in 1925, it was used as a summer retreat, "Sharondale." Over the last century it has served both as offices and a residence.

It covers the topics historic sites, public schools and education.

It covers the city Worthington.

You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.

This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.

The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 93-G-226.

The Worthington Memory identification code is whs1198.

This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 3, 2020. It was last updated December 9, 2020.