Full view (jpeg: 105.85 KB)
Rear of the Griswold Homestead (Inn) from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Rear of the Griswold Homestead (Inn). Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created around 1890-1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The Griwold Inn, extant until 1964, was built in 1811 on the north-east Village Green by Worthington founder Ezra Griswold. Located near the intersection of Granville Road (Rt. 161) and High Street (Rt. 23), it was a popular stopping place for travelers, and focal point for the social life of the community.
The Inn featured a fireplace in every room and a large second floor ballroom, which was converted to bedrooms when the Inn became a private residence of the Griswold family. The building was razed in 1964, despite community efforts to save it.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-135g. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0096.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-135g.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0096.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 9, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.