Full view (jpeg: 155.45 KB)
Russell House from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Russell House. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1930.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The Russell House, located at 5807 North High Street was built ca. 1849 and remodeled in 1916-1917 in Carpenter Gothic style with additions made after purchase in 1919 by its namesake, Mark Russell (b. 1880, d. 1967). The structure has also been known informally as "The Gingerbread House" and "Three Gables". Russell's additions to the structure included an art studio. Mark Russell was an artist and designer. He taught at the Columbus Art School (Columbus College of Art and Design) and the Columbus School for Girls. He had previously been a designer for the Von Gerichten Art Glass Company in New York.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-512. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0160.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-512.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0160.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on February 4, 2002. It was last updated November 14, 2017.