Full view (jpeg: 58.25 KB)
Snow Drug Store from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Snow Drug Store. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1912.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The building at the soutwest corner of New England Ave. and High Street (635 High St.) was built ca. 1834. The building housed Worthington's first drug store, operated by John Snow. His son, George R. Snow, was a physician. George's son Thomas was a druggist and occupied the building in the 1850's and 60's.
The building was sold in 1916 to Dr. Claude Longenecker, a dentist. He renovated the building in 1919, removing the original Dutch facade shown in this picture. The sign in front advertises a "RESTAURANT", but the advertisements painted on the side are for the Worthington Garage located at 625 High Street and Firestone tires.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 91-G-328. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0050.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 91-G-328.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0050.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 12, 2001. It was last updated November 17, 2017.