Full view (jpeg: 77.08 KB)
It was created in 1900.
This photograph was taken looking north from the front steps of the Old Episcopal Rectory when located on the southeast quadrant of the Village Green. The stone path leads to the front door of St. John's Episcopal Church of Worthington, visible through the trees.
Fences were used on the Village Green for many years; older pictures show sheep grazing on the Green. Much discussion took place in the village council about the decorations and use of the green.
The square object by the steps on the right appears to be a planter done in the rustic or adirondack style. This style used sticks and bark to make chairs, tables, and other household furniture items in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It tooks its name from the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York.
It covers the topic Old Rectory.
It features the organization St. John's Episcopal Church.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-126e. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0566.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-126e.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0566.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on April 18, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.