Full view (jpeg: 149.79 KB)
It was created in 1900.
This photograph of St. John's Episcopal Church of Worthington, located at 700 High Street shows a controversial bell spire that replaced the original bell tower in the late 1800's. The bell first rang from the original tower in 1833. A fund to replace the spire shown here was started immediately upon its completion, due to its ungainly appearance.
Damaged by fire in 1929, Mrs. W. G. Deshler, grand-daughter of James Kilbourne and benefactor of the Worthington Public Library, donated the remainder of the sum needed to replace it. The current spire was dedicated in 1931.
It features the organization St. John's Episcopal Church.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 88-G-124. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0560.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 88-G-124.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0560.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on October 10, 2001. It was last updated November 17, 2017.