Full view (jpeg: 88.23 KB)
Third Worthington United Methodist Church from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Third Worthington United Methodist Church. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1942.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The third Worthington United Methodist Church was built in 1925 to meet the demands of a growing congregation. The building was neo-classical with Gothic influenced bell tower and Gothic-shaped leaded windows. This replaced the one room church building built in 1863.
Methodism's roots in Worthington date to 1808 when circuit rider minister "Rev. Mr. Martin" preached to Worthington area Methodists in the cabin of Samuel Beech, who lived approximately one mile south of Worthington. The first Worthington United Methodist Church building was constructed in 1823 on the northwest corner of Hartford and South Streets.
It features the organization Worthington United Methodist Church.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 88-G-79.04. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0914.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 88-G-79.04.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0914.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 11, 2006. It was last updated November 17, 2017.