Twin Oaks


Full view (jpeg: 62.09 KB)

In Copyright

Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.

Twin Oaks is a picture, with genre photograph.

It was created in 1997.

Sharon Flint Residents' Association Historical Committee is the Contributor.

Twin Oaks was built by Harvey Johnson, one of the co-founders of the Village of Flint. Erected in 1878, it featured eclectic Victorian architecture, with a Greek Revival portico and an Italianate bracketed roof. The house had hand-hewn beams, an elliptical walnut staircase, and hand carved floral patterns in the woodwork. Harvey and Maria Johnson, had a daughter, Annetta, who became a nationally recognized sculptor and married Louis Saint-Gaudens, brother of Augustus Saint-Gaudens. She donated the land that later became Camp Mary Orton.

The house was torn down in the 1990's by a developer to build condominiums. The land was in Columbus, which does not have the historic preservation code that exists in other areas.

It covers the topic buildings.

It covers the city Columbus. It covers the area Flint.

You can find the original at Sharon Flint Residents' Association Historical Committee.

This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.

The Worthington Memory identification code is sfr0008.

This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on September 27, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.