Full view (jpeg: 110.29 KB)
Workers at Pottery Plant from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Workers at Pottery Plant. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1914.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
Workers at a pottery plant south of Worthington near Chaseland in Sharon Township are pictured here. It was located on the east side of the railroad. Ground was broken for the building, originally the Columbus Pottery Company, in 1902. A harsh winter slowed construction, which continued in 1903. The facility could accommodate 200 workers and was reported in the Westerville Public Opinion to have architecture "of the latest style, having been carefully planned for the convenience of the manufacture of pottery, so that in each operation the wares move forward to the packing room." Brunt Tile and Porcelain Company later occupied it between 1914 and 1925.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 73-G-169a. The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 73-G-169b. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0572.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 73-G-169a.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 73-G-169b.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0572.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on April 18, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.