Full view (jpeg: 63.81 KB)
Worthington Business District from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Worthington Business District. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created around 1910-1915.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
A view of west High Street in the downtown Worthington business district shows 671-673 High Street, built in 1821. The Wright home and store stands between Dr. James Hill's House and Tuller's Grocery.
The street shows sign of the 19th and 20th centuries - The hitching posts and gas street lights belong to the past, while the tracks of the interurban and the new electric power wires signal the beginning of the 20th.
Paved roads and street lighting did not arrive in Worthington until the 1920's.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-G-338 B. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0068.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-G-338 B.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0068.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 12, 2001. It was last updated November 17, 2017.