Full view (jpeg: 96.83 KB)
Worthington Presbyterian Church from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Worthington Presbyterian Church. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created around 1880-1885.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The first Worthington Presbyterian Church building is depicted here. Built in 1829-1830, it was a simple structure without a spire. The first service was held in the building April 1830. A new front, including the spire, was added in 1842.
The Presbyterian Church was the third church in Worthington, the first two being the Episcopal and the Methodist. The Presbyterian Church was formed in the United States in 1706, based on Puritanism and Scottish Presbyterian traditions. The church's structure was based on the teachings of John Calvin which called for total reliance on the Bible, and governance by a system of elders.
Located on the northwest corner of the Village Green, the Worthington Presbyterian Church, organized in 1816 is the oldest Presbyterian church in central Ohio. When the current building was built in 1926, the building shown here was moved to the back of the new church, turned crosswise, with the old east entrance facing north.
It features the organization Worthington Presbyterian Church.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-129 b. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0266.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-129 b.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0266.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on February 25, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.