Full view (jpeg: 84.02 KB)
Female Seminary Cornerstone from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Female Seminary Cornerstone. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
Female Seminary Cornerstone is realia. Its dimensions are 2 ft. x 3 ft. x 10 in..
It was created in 1839.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The cornerstone of the Worthington Female Seminary building was unearthed on March 31, 1963. An early time capsule was discovered in a cavity in the bottom stone. The hollowed out space measured 12 in. x 8 in. x 8 in. The time capsule consisted of a hand blown glass jar with an issue of the Hesperian (Western Magazine) dated 1839 and three leather bound books which were unidentifiable. The cornerstone had been laid on the site in 1839, located next to the present site of the Worthington United Methodist Church. The seminary address had been 582 High Street. The stone has been incorporated into a garden wall at a residence on E. New England Avenue.
It covers the topic buildings.
It features the organization Worthington Female Seminary.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 82-G-403. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0072.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 82-G-403.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0072.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 13, 2001. It was last updated November 14, 2017.