Full view (jpeg: 76.46 KB)
Hartford Street from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Hartford Street. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1910.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
This depicts a view from the rear of the Worthington Female Seminary (present location of the First Methodist Church) looking east to Hartford Street. The Beaver home is on the left.
Worthington at this time was relatively undeveloped. Many people with large lots in town had vegetable gardens, chickens, fruit trees and sometimes a stable for the family horse. Families preserved food for the winter.
As the town developed, lots were divided and additional houses were built. Food was purchased at grocery stores, with automobiles replacing the horse. Life became increasingly urban.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-117a. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0271.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-117a.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0271.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 12, 2001. It was last updated February 10, 2020.