Full view (jpeg: 47.36 KB)
Hotel Central from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Hotel Central. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
A group of unidentified persons stands in front of the Hotel Central, now called the Worthington Inn. The building at 649 High Street was originally built in 1835 for Rensselaer W. Cowles, Worthington merchant and civic leader, a son-in-law of James Kilbourn. The building was remodeled ca. 1900 with the addition of a mansard roof and front porch, shown in this picture.
The women are wearing skirts and shirtwaists, with huge sleeves called "leg-of-mutton". Tailored skirts and tops became popular during the 1890's, as women entered the workforce and took up active sports such as cycling and tennis.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-532. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0190.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-532.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0190.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on February 12, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.