Main Street (High Street)


Full view (jpeg: 74.01 KB)

In Copyright

Main Street (High Street) from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Main Street (High Street). Contact WHS at to request permission.

Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.

Main Street (High Street) is a picture, with genre postcard. Its dimensions are 3.38 in. x 5.38 in..

It was created in 1910.

Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.

This view of Main Street (now High Street) north of State Street (now Route 161, Granville Road) with street railroad tracks depicts the Tuller House on the left and the Griswold Inn on the right. Worthington was well-known for its many trees on the Village Green and lining the streets. The trees were planted in the 1860's and have been renewed and replanted throughout the years.

The Columbus, Delaware and Marion Interurban was a important transportation link that led to the continued growth of Worthington. The Griswold Inn was a Worthington landmark, and a focal point of community life during the 19th century. The Griswold family was active in city and community affairs for many years. The Inn was torn down in the 1960's and was replaced by a Huntington Bank.

The extended Tuller family owned land in Sharon and Perry Township, along Sawmill Road. Home Depot, Sam's Club and Target are now located on their farmland.

It covers the topics streets and roads and street cars.

It covers the city Worthington.

You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.

This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.

The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 81-G-221.

The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0060.

This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 12, 2001. It was last updated June 5, 2018.