Full view (jpeg: 80.57 KB)
Access is provided for research and scholarly purposes. Learn more...
It was created in 1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
St. John African Methodist Episcopal Church was begun in 1895, when Sunday school classes were started at the home of Peter Banks under the leadership of James Birkhead, D. H. Taborn, Charles B. Kiner and J. T. Horton. A lot was purchased from Mrs. Mildred Alston in 1897 and a building was moved there. While the building was being renovated, services were held in Sharon Township Hall. Originally named Bethel A.M.E. Church, the name changed when a new church was built in 1914. This picture shows the old church's interior.
It features the organization St. John African Methodist Episcopal (A. M. E.) Church.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-135K. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0542.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-135K.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0542.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on April 16, 2002. It was last updated April 7, 2015.