Full view (jpeg: 91.42 KB)
Tuller-Archer House from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Tuller-Archer House. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The Tuller-Archer house, which is no longer standing, was located on lot 60 at 777 High St. It faced south on the northwest quadrant of the Village Green. The oldest portion of the house was probably erected prior to 1807. Flavel Tuller (b. 1795, d. 1881) and his brother Homer Tuller (b. 1796, d. 1866) purchased the lot and home in 1837. The house was purchased by Frank E. Archer some years prior to the turn of the 20th century. The structure underwent several renovations and building additions over the years. The portion of the home on the west side, reportedly a six room addition built when the house was owned by Mr. Archer, was moved and incorporated into another residence located at 51 North Street in 1919. This residential structure was razed and a new building erected in the mid 1950s when lot 60 was purchased by Park Federal Savings and Loan. The City of Worthington took possession of the land and the newer structure in 1980. The first Sharon Township Fire Department was built just north of the location in 1949-1950. Both were razed prior to the Griswold Center being built in 1993.
It covers the topic buildings.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 11, 2006. It was last updated November 13, 2017.