Full view (jpeg: 53.9 KB)
Village Green from the west side of High Street from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Village Green from the west side of High Street. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1910.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
This photograph depicts the east side of the Village Green during the winter of 1910. Worthington School, built in 1874 to replace the 1808 and 1819 buildings, is in the foreground on the left. When the 1874 building was opened, the elementary students were on the first floor and the high school students were on the second floor. Continued growth in the district led to the construction of a high school in 1893, hust visible in the background. On the right is St. John's Episcopal Church, built 1829-1830, with the ungainly spire that was later replaced.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-586. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0368.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-586.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0368.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on March 12, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.