Full view (jpeg: 82.1 KB)
Weaver Family Parlor from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Weaver Family Parlor. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1906.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
This photograph depicts the parlor of the Weaver family during the early 1900's. The room reveals a late Victorian interior, complete with with many of the details associated with the period. A gas lamp sits on the center table, while the sideboard is decorated with a heavily patterned cover. Victorian interor decoration was keynoted by eclecticism, and use of multiple patterns and colors in the same room. No space was left unfilled. Drapery was everywhere, to prevent the fading of carpets and wallpapers. Strong colors such as deep red, blue and purple were used with abandon. Knick-knacks, family pictures, and other objects covered every surface.
The Buttles-Pinney-Brown House, a five-bay Federal brick house, is located at 12 East Stafford Avenue. Built in 1818 by Arora Buttles, its early owners were prominent community leaders. Cynthia Weaver and her family occupied the house ca. 1873-1937. The house is presently occupied by the High Road Gallery, which exclusively exhibits the work of Central Ohio artists.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 96-G-285. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0251.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 96-G-285.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0251.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on February 22, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.