Full view (jpeg: 91.49 KB)
Access is provided for research and scholarly purposes. Learn more...
It was created around 1880-1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
This postcard depicts the Worthington Female Seminary. Built in 1842, the school's charter was granted March 9, 1839 and it was the first female seminary of the Methodist Church in what was then considered the "West". After the establishment of the Ohio Wesleyan Female College in 1853, the Worthington Female Seminary lost support, closing in 1857. The building became home of the Ohio Central Normal School from 1871-1880, providing training for kindergarten, primary, intermediate and secondary teachers.
It covers the topic buildings.
It features the organization Worthington Female Seminary.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 60-G-21. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0075.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 60-G-21.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0075.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on December 13, 2001. It was last updated April 14, 2015.