Full view (jpeg: 96.07 KB)
Worthington Female Seminary from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Worthington Female Seminary. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1870.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
This photograph depicts the Worthington Female Seminary before porches were added. Built in 1842, the school's charter was granted March 9, 1839. It was the first female seminary of the Methodist Church in what was then considered the "West". After the establishment of the Ohio Wesleyan Female College in 1853, the Worthington Female Seminary lost support, closing in 1857.
The building became home of the Ohio Central Normal School from 1871-1880, providing training for kindergarten, primary, intermediate and secondary teachers. It was then converted into a residential hotel, and in the 20th century an apartment building. Its site is now a parking lot for the United Methodist Church.
It covers the topic buildings.
It features the organization Worthington Female Seminary.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-119 (a). The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0078.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-119 (a).
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0078.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 4, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.