Full view (pdf: 42.59 MB)
It was created in 1953.
The 1953 edition of Worthington High School’s “The Cardinal” yearbook features photos of students, faculty, activities, sports, social events and candid snapshots. Ray Heischman was principal and Harold C. McCord was superintendent of Worthington schools, and the yearbook includes brief biographies for them both. The senior class has their individual portraits included, while grades nine through eleven are featured in small group portrait photos staged around the school.
In September 1951, Worthington High School moved to its current location. Prior to that, it was housed in the Packard Annex, which was built in 1916 and served as the high school until the new school was built to accommodate the post-World-War-II population boom. Designed by Columbus architect Frank Packard, the Annex is the current site of the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center. The new school boasted such things as a “well equipped library, the fine chemistry laboratory, and the mimeographing room” which the students deemed lovely and modern.
Additionally, this edition features profiles on community locations of interest such as the Old Town Hall, Medical College, James Kilbourne Memorial Library and the Old Snow House.
It features the organization Worthington High School.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Old Worthington Library.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg2000.
The Worthington Memory identification code is wpl0313_001.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on August 10, 2018. It was last updated November 17, 2019.