Full view (jpeg: 39.53 KB)
Invitation to Chase Tavern Opening from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Invitation to Chase Tavern Opening. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created on Wednesday, August 28, 1929.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
On August 28, 1929, the Chase Tavern held a grand opening dinner for over 200 guests. The Chase Tavern was located at 5939 North High Street, south of South Street, and the invitation touted the restaurant as "Columbus' Newest and Finest Suburban Refectory." The original structure was originally a residence for Charles and Lucy Lewis Wiley, possibly built by Lucy's brother, Elias Lewis. The Parsons family later owned the home before Arthur Evans, president of the Commercial Paste Company, bought the property in 1928. He made substantial additions and renovations before leasing the property to become "Ye Olde Chase Tavern." The Chase Tavern enjoyed success for about a decade before it closed. The building was razed in 1972.
It features the organization Chase Tavern.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-854. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs1115.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 78-G-854.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs1115.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on August 18, 2020. It was last updated August 24, 2020.