Full view (jpeg: 83.45 KB)
Worthington Club 1947 Membership Card from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Worthington Club 1947 Membership Card. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created on Tuesday, July 1, 1947.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
In 1944 the Worthington Club opened at 5939 North High Street, in the former Chase Tavern. The members only club offered dining, entertainment, pool tables, cards and more. Within a month of opening the club boasted 100 members. In 1947 the club’s rosters had grown to 350 members and their wives, according to the Worthington News, and the members had aspirations to build a new two story building and install bowling alleys and a swimming pool; plans that never came to fruition. By 1951, the Club opened its dining room to the public, and closed for good in 1952. This membership card from 1947 belonged to Frank McIntyre, a resident in Riverlea.
It features the person Frank J. McIntyre, 1907-1987.
It features the organization Worthington Club.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 2017.007.01. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs1120.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 2017.007.01.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs1120.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on August 21, 2020. It was last updated August 25, 2020.