Full view (jpeg: 63.06 KB)
Griswold Inn Exterior from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Griswold Inn Exterior. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1960.
Pictured here is the exterior of the Griswold Inn, which stood on the East side of High Street, just North of the Village Green. The view was taken looking Southwest toward the Green. The Griswold Inn was built by Ezra Griswold in 1811 and offered travelers a place to stop. Ezra operated the inn until 1816, when he passed it down to his son, George H. Griswold. The structure was later converted from a tavern and inn into a residence, where Ruth Griswold, the last of the family to occupy the building, lived. Though the Griswold Inn Historical Foundation attempted to raise funds to purchase and restore the inn to use it as the Worthington Historical Society Museum, the building was razed in 1964.
It features the organization Griswold Inn.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 00-G-179.132. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0118.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 00-G-179.132.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0118.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 6, 2020. It was last updated January 7, 2020.