Full view (jpeg: 66.86 KB)
Access is provided for research and scholarly purposes. Learn more...
Hannah Bishop House from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Hannah Bishop House. Contact WHS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
It was created in 1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The Hannah Bishop house, built 1817-1818, is shown at its original location on the north side of West Dublin Granville Road. Built on land originally owned by Bishop Philander Chase, the house was the residence of the Bishop family for many years. Hannah Bishop lived there for over seventy years. In 1921, the house was moved to 782 Hartford Street.
K. J. Mabra, an African American businessman, ran a barbershop there for many years. His wife Maude was the first woman to vote in Worthington when women got the vote in 1920. The house has since been restored and remodeled.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-521. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0352.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-521.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0352.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on March 12, 2002. It was last updated November 16, 2016.