Full view (jpeg: 74.38 KB)
Access is provided for research and scholarly purposes. Learn more...
It was created in 1900.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The Hannah Bishop House is depicted here in its original location on the northwest corner of High Street and West Granville Road. The lot and building were originally owned by Philander Chase. The oldest portion of the structure dates to ca. 1817-1818. It was the home of the Bishop family throughout the latter half of the nineteenth century and the early decades of the twentieth century.
Keary J. Mabra, an African American, operated a barbershop at this location throughout the 1920's and 30's. His wife, Maude, was the cook at the Old Worthington Hotel. She was the first woman to vote in Worthington when women got suffrage in 1920. The building was moved to its present location at 782 Hartford Street in 1921 and has been restored.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-519. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0354.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 92-U-519.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0354.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on March 12, 2002. It was last updated November 16, 2016.