Photograph of Orange Johnson


Full view (jpeg: 77.45 KB)

No Copyright – United States

Photograph of Orange Johnson from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Photograph of Orange Johnson. Contact WHS at to request permission.

Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.

Photograph of Orange Johnson is a picture, with genre photograph and portraits. Its dimensions are 4 in. x 2.31 in..

It was created in 1870.

Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor. H. A. Jordan is the Creator.

Orange Johnson (b. February 7, 1790 - d. November 28, 1876), was a comb maker by trade from Connecticut. He was also a mechanic, farmer, manufacturer, contractor, and banker. Johnson migrated to Ohio in 1814, attracted by the Worthington Manufacturing Company, friends and family. In 1827 Johnson became superintendent and incorporator of the Sandusky to Columbus turnpike. During that time he developed banking contacts. These led to his eventually becoming president of the Xenia to Columbus Railroad, stock holder in the Clinton Bank in Columbus, builder of the Johnson block, the Sessions block, and a partner in the Commercial National Bank in Columbus. In 1815 Orange married Achsa Maynard (b. Apr 7, 1791 d. May 21, 1882) of Worthington. The portrait photographer was H. A. Jordan of Washington St., Vinton, Iowa.

It covers the topic businessmen.

It features the person Orange Johnson, 1790-1876.

It covers the city Worthington.

You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.

This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.

The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 77-G-594.

The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0174.

This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on February 6, 2002. It was last updated November 17, 2017.