Full view (jpeg: 89.15 KB)
Worthington Inn from the collections of the Worthington Historical Society (WHS) may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in any way and proper credit is given: "Courtesy of the Worthington Historical Society, Worthington, OH." Prior written permission of the WHS is required for any other use of Worthington Inn. Contact WHS at email@example.com to request permission.
Learn more about copyright and access restrictions for use of materials from Worthington Memory.
It was created in 1942.
Worthington Historical Society is the Contributor.
The Worthington Inn, located at 649 High Street is pictured here ca. 1942. The historic hotel and restaurant was originally built in 1835. Cornelia Vest Corbin purchased the hotel, previously known as the Hotel Central, or Central Hotel in 1936. The hotel was leased to Miss Caroline Longenecker and Mrs. Anna Davis and operated as the New England Inn during the late 1930s and 1940s. In 1952 the hotel and restaurant was leased to George Snyder and renamed the Old Worthington Inn.
Visible in the foreground of the photograph (east side of High Street) is a sign that reads "Reconditioned Used Cars Ed Heil". Edward Heil was a local Ford dealer. In October 1934 he opened the Heil Sinclair Service Station at the northeast corner of High Street and New England Avenue. Previously on the site of the service station was the old Welling building, which was razed in 1934.
It features the organization Worthington Inn.
It covers the city Worthington.
You can find the original at Worthington Historical Society.
This file was reformatted digital in the format video/jpeg.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 88-G-79.05. The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0915.
The Worthington Historical Society identification code is 88-G-79.05.
The Worthington Memory identification code is whs0915.
This metadata record was human prepared by Worthington Libraries on January 11, 2006. It was last updated November 17, 2017.